Revance Therapeutics Clinical Data to be Presented in "Emerging Technologies" Panel at the International Symposium of Facial Plastic Surgery in New York City
Presentation: The Next Generation in BoNTA: A Longer Lasting Injectable and Topically Applied Product - A New Portfolio to Meet Patient Needs
The data will be presented by
Dr. Sykes will present the recently released clinical data on the RT002 injectable study in frown lines which showed a median duration of 7.3 months. He will also review Phase 2b data on Revance's RT001 topical gel. Both products are in clinical development and incorporate Revance's patented TransMTS® technology.
"RT001 and RT002 have the potential to expand our treatment options," said Dr. Sykes. "For example, a recent study of injectable RT002 in the frown lines showed patients enjoying treatment benefits for more than seven months. These results are really encouraging since most patients and physicians would appreciate a longer lasting product," said Dr. Sykes.
"New products should provide meaningful benefits for patients, and this distinctive family of botulinum toxin offerings has the potential to do just that. Clinical trials are still ongoing but the benefits shown in these studies are very encouraging."
Additional highlights of the data being presented include:
RT002, Injectable Botulinum Toxin Type A for the treatment of Glabellar (frown) lines in a Phase 1/2 study:
- 94% of subjects were rated with None or Mild wrinkle severity at maximum frown 4 weeks post-treatment using the Glabellar Line Severity Scale as assessed by the clinical investigator. 83% of subjects assessed themselves as achieving None or Mild wrinkles at maximum frown at the same time point.
- In the final cohort, the only one where duration of effect was measured, RT002 achieved a median duration of 29.4 weeks or 7.3 months based on both investigator and subject assessments.
- 80% of the subjects in the final cohort maintained clinically meaningful response after six months and 70% still maintained wrinkle ratings of None or Mild wrinkle severity at that time point.
- RT002 was well tolerated, and there was no evidence of spread beyond the treatment site at any dose. Adverse events were generally mild, localized and transient. The most common adverse events observed were headache and injection site reactions. There were no serious adverse events or evidence of any systemic exposure.
RT001, Botulinum Toxin Type A Topical Gel for the treatment of Crow's Feet lines in two Phase 2b Studies:
- Up to 89% of patients achieved a clinically meaningful improvement in their crow's feet lines
- Median duration of effect was 113 days
- RT001 was shown to be generally well tolerated and the majority of adverse events were mild or moderate and transient
Revance is a specialty biopharmaceutical company focused on the development, manufacturing and commercialization of novel botulinum toxin products for multiple aesthetic and therapeutic applications. The Company is leveraging its patented TransMTS® peptide delivery system combined with the proprietary portfolio of botulinum toxin compounds to address unmet needs in the large and growing aesthetic and therapeutic dermatology market. TransMTS is a broad technology platform which enables both the delivery of large macromolecules across skin when used in a topical formulation and more targeted delivery of proteins when injected.
About RT001 and RT002
The Company has two primary product candidates. RT001, our lead product, is a topically applied formulation of botulinum toxin type A. RT001 has the potential to be the first commercially-available non-injectable dose form and is being evaluated in a broad clinical program that includes aesthetic indications such as crow's feet lines (wrinkles around the eyes) and therapeutic indications such as hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating) and migraine headache. Revance's second product candidate, RT002, is a novel, injectable formulation of botulinum toxin type A designed to be more targeted and longer lasting than currently available botulinum toxin injectable products.
About International Symposium of Facial Plastic Surgery
Every four years, the
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements related to the process and timing of anticipated future clinical development of
"Revance Therapeutics" and TransMTS® are registered trademarks of
Westwicke Partners Ana Petrovic(415) 513-1281 Ana.firstname.lastname@example.org
News Provided by Acquire Media