- Glabellar injection of DAXXIFY™ demonstrated a positive effect on eyebrow position -
- DAXXIFY™ demonstrated a high response rate and duration of effect ≥24 weeks across all age and race subgroups -
“The newly released publications in the
The first publication evaluated the impact of glabellar injection of DAXXIFY™ on eyebrow position and frontalis activity. A post hoc analysis of patients from the Phase 2a FHL and
A separate publication evaluated the efficacy and safety of DAXXIFY™ in the treatment of glabellar lines across age and race based on a subgroup-analysis of patients treated in the Phase 3 SAKURA clinical program. DAXXIFY™ demonstrated long-lasting efficacy in all subgroups, consistent with the overall population results of the SAKURA clinical trials. The analysis included 2,785 patients with moderate to severe glabellar lines who received their first dose of DAXXIFY™ (40 Units) in SAKURA 1, 2, or 3 and were evaluated for glabellar line severity for ≤36 weeks. Efficacy and safety were analyzed by age (18-45, >45-55, and >55 years) and race (Asian, Black/
DAXXIFY™ (DaxibotulinumtoxinA-lanm) for injection is the first and only FDA approved long-lasting peptide-formulated neuromodulator product for use in adults for the temporary improvement of moderate to severe frown lines (glabellar lines).1-7 DAXXIFY™ has the ability to deliver year-long results for patients with potentially only two treatments per year and has been proven to be effective, and generally safe and well tolerated.2,8-10* DAXXIFY™ is powered by a cell-penetrating peptide technology (Peptide Exchange Technology™), Revance's proprietary, synthetic, 35-amino-acid stabilizing excipient with a highly positive charge, and is free of human serum albumin or animal-based components.1,2,7 Manufactured exclusively in the
Revance has evaluated this neuromodulator formulation in other Phase 2 clinical studies in aesthetics, including the full upper face, forehead lines and crow’s feet as well as in therapeutic indications, including cervical dystonia and upper limb spasticity. Learn more at RevanceAesthetics.com.
* At least 50% of patients treated with DAXXIFY™ in SAKURA 1 and 2 had none or mild frown lines per investigator or patient assessments for 24 weeks and 23.9 weeks (6 months) or longer (respectively) after treatment.
Please see DAXXIFY™ full Prescribing Information, including Boxed Warning and Medication Guide.
Revance is a commercial stage biotechnology company setting the new standard in healthcare with innovative aesthetic and therapeutic offerings that elevate patient and physician experiences. Revance’s aesthetics portfolio of expertly created products and services, including DAXXIFY™ (DaxibotulinumtoxinA-lanm) for injection, the RHA® Collection of dermal fillers, and OPUL®, the first-of-its-kind Relational Commerce platform for aesthetic practices, deliver a differentiated and exclusive offering for the company’s elite practice partners and their consumers. Revance has also partnered with Viatris Inc. to develop a biosimilar to BOTOX®, which will compete in the existing short-acting neuromodulator marketplace. Revance’s therapeutics pipeline is currently focused on muscle movement disorders including evaluating DaxibotulinumtoxinA for Injection in two debilitating conditions, cervical dystonia and upper limb spasticity.
“Revance” and the Revance logo and OPUL are registered trademarks of
Resilient Hyaluronic Acid® and RHA® are trademarks of
BOTOX® is a registered trademark of
Any statements in this press release that are not statements of historical fact, including statements related to the potential benefits, safety, efficacy and duration of DAXXIFY™; development of a biosimilar to BOTOX® with our partner, Viatris; statements about our business strategy, timeline and other goals, plans and prospects; and the outcomes for and experiences of patients; constitute forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. You should not rely upon forward-looking statements as predictions of future events. Although we believe that the expectations reflected in the forward-looking statements are reasonable, we cannot guarantee that the future results, levels of activity, performance, events, circumstances or achievements reflected in the forward-looking statements will ever be achieved or occur.
Forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from our expectations. These risks and uncertainties relate, but are not limited to: our ability to successfully commercialize DAXXIFY™ and to continue to successfully commercialize the RHA® Collection of dermal fillers and OPUL®; the results, timing, costs, and completion of our research and development activities and regulatory approvals; our ability to obtain funding for our operations; the timing of capital expenditures; the accuracy of our estimates regarding expenses, future revenues, capital requirements, our financial performance and the economics of DAXXIFY™, the RHA® Collection of dermal fillers and OPUL®; the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on our manufacturing operations, supply chain, end user demand for our products and services, the aesthetics market, commercialization efforts, business operations, regulatory meetings, inspections and approvals, clinical trials and other aspects of our business and on the market; our ability and the ability of our partners to manufacture supplies for DAXXIFY™ and our product candidates and to acquire supplies of the RHA® Collection of dermal fillers; the uncertain clinical development process; the risk that clinical trials may not have an effective design or generate positive results or that positive results would assure regulatory approval or commercial success; the applicability of clinical study results to actual outcomes; the rate and degree of economic benefit, safety, efficacy, commercial acceptance, market, competition and/or size and growth potential of DAXXIFY™, the RHA® Collection of dermal fillers, OPUL® and our drug product candidates, if approved; reports of adverse events or safety concerns involving DAXXIFY™ or the RHA® Collection of dermal fillers; the timing and cost of commercialization activities; the proper training and administration of our products by physicians and medical staff; our ability to expand sales and marketing capabilities; the status of commercial collaborations; changes in and failures to comply with privacy and data protection laws; our ability to effectively manage our expanded operations in connection with the acquisition of
Data on File. Draft DAXXIFY™ Package Insert.
Newark, CA: Revance Therapeutics, Inc, 2022.
- Fabi SG, Cohen JL, et al. DaxibotulinumtoxinA for Injection for the treatment of glabellar lines: efficacy results from SAKURA 3, a large, open-label, phase 3 safety study. Dermatol Surg. 2020. doi:10.1097/DSS.0000000000002531
Xeomin. Prescribing Information.
Merz Pharmaceuticals GmbH; 2020.
Dysport. Prescribing Information.
Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals, Ltd; 2020.
- Jeuveau. Prescribing Information. Evolus, Inc; 2020.
Botox Cosmetic. Prescribing Information.
Allergan, Inc; 2020.
- Waugh JM, Lee J, Dake MD, Browne D. Nonclinical and clinical experiences with CPP-based self-assembling peptide systems in topical drug development. Methods Mol Biol. 2011; 683:553
- Carruthers JD, Fagien S, et al. DaxibotulinumtoxinA for Injection for the treatment of glabellar lines: results from each of two multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase 3 studies (SAKURA 1 and SAKURA 2). Plast Reconstr Surg. 2020;145(1):45-58.
- Bertucci V, Solish N, et al. DaxibotulinumtoxinA for Injection has a prolonged duration of response in the treatment of glabellar lines: pooled data from two multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase 3 studies (SAKURA 1 and SAKURA 2). J Am Acad Dermatol. 2020;82(4):838-845.
- Green JB, Mariwalla K, Coleman K, et al. A large, open-label, phase 3 safety study of daxibotulinumtoxinA for injection in glabellar lines: a focus on safety from the SAKURA 3 study. Dermatol Surg. 2020. doi:10.1097/DSS.0000000000002463